Best Masters Scholarships USA
Do you want receive masters scholarships in USA? If so, you have come to the right place. Many masters programs in America do not provide any scholarships for international students, but some actually provide fully funded and full tuition scholarships so you can study in USA. Traditionally, schools do not provide any scholarships to even domestic master’s students. The tuition money from the masters programs are used to fund PhD candidates, and therefore, masters students would pay full tuition fee so that PhD students can study for free. However as I have mentioned before, there are some universities that offer masters scholarships in USA, and here is the list.
Government Masters Scholarships USA
These masters scholarships are administered by the USA government to promote cultural interaction between Americans and those in different cultures. Most of these scholarships are either fully funded or full tuition.
Fulbright Foreign Student
- Link- http://uscollegeinternational.com/index.php/2017/06/21/comprehensive-guide-fulbright-program-fully-funded-graduate-program-usa/
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, fees, room, board, books, insurance, airplane ticket
- Eligibility- Citizen of participating countries, have not graduated from American high school or college, willing to return to the native country after few years
- Number of Recipients- 8,000 new students each year 324,400 students since 1946
- Brief Description- Fulbright Foreign Student Program is the largest government scholarship program in the world.
Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Link- http://uscollegeinternational.com/index.php/2017/06/24/humphrey-fellowship/
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, Fees, English language program, living allowance, one-time settling allowances, insurance, one-time computer subsidy, airplane ticket, transportation cost for professional development
- Eligibility- Have an undergraduate degree, minimum of five years of full-time professional experience, be a citizen of participating countries
- Number of Recipients- more than 200 students each year, 5,600 students since 1976
- Host Universities- 14 excellent universities including MIT and Cornell University
- Brief Description- This fellowship funds for a year of non-degree study in the US. The fellows develop personal and professional relationships with the previous fellows, current fellows, students and faculty of their host universities.
Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
- Link- http://uscollegeinternational.com/index.php/2017/07/02/fulbright-visiting-scholar-program/
- Scholarship Amount- Research cost, living stipend, airplane ticket
- Eligibility- Citizen from 155 eligible countries, hold a doctoral degree, TOEFL or IELTS score
- Number of Recipients- 800 students each year
- Brief Description- This fellowship allows scholars from outside America to research with American professors for about an year.
Organization Masters Scholarships in USA
These scholarships are awarded by different organizations throughout the world. These organizations are non-profit and aims to further the cultural interaction between USA and the rest of the world. Also, it should be noted that most of these scholarships are aimed in developing countries and third-world countries.
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, fees, summer school, airplane ticket, room, board, monthly stipend, insurance
- Eligibility- Citizen of eligible countries
- Host universities- Many universities including Duke and Columbia University
- Brief Description- This scholarship is administered by Open Society Foundation and provides full funding for international students to pursue a Master’s degree.
For more information about Civil Society Leadership Awards, read this article.
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, fees, room, board, airplane ticket, internship expenses
- Eligibility- For master’s program, a bachelor degree; for certificate program, 5 years of full-time work experience
- Number of Recipients- 50 students for masters and 50 students for certificate program every year
- Host Universities- 7 universities including Duke University and University of Queensland
- Brief Description- This fellowship was founded to promote peace throughout the world. Students can either study for a master’s degree or for a certificate.
For more information about Rotary Peace Fellowship, read this article.
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, room, board, living expenses, visa expenses, airplane ticket, personal expenses, local transportation
- Eligibility- Worked 10+ years as a peacebuilder, human rights defender, or peacemaker; be a founder of organization, network, or movement; female
- Host University- University of San Diego
- Brief Description- This fellowship is a 10-month program in University of San Diego. The fellows will work collaboratively to discuss specific problems about peacebuilding .
For more information about Women Peacemaker Program, read this article.
These scholarships are awarded by individual universities.
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, instruction materials, insurance, transportation, personal expenses
- Eligibility- Apply within four years of completing your bachelor’s degree
- Number of Recipients- 100 graduate students each year
- Host university- Stanford University
- Brief Description- This fellowship allows students to study in any area of study for master’s degree and doctoral degree in Stanford
For more information about Knight-Hennessy Fellowship, read this article.
- Scholarship Amount- At minimum, tuition and fees; additional scholarships available for greater financial need
- Eligibility- Citizen of African country, must work for two years in Africa after the program
- Host university- Stanford University
- Brief Description- This fellowship was founded to address the lack of businesswomen and businessman in Africa. After the fellowship, the fellows will be equipped to make an impact on Africa.
For more information about Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship, read this article.
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, fees, housing, monthly expenses, airplane ticket
- Eligibility- Female citizen of an African country
- Host University- New York University
- Brief Description- This fellowship is funded primarily by the Oprah Winfrey Foundation and is for women from Africa to pursue public service career by obtaining a Master’s degree from NYU.
For more information about NYU AFrican Women’s Public Service Fellowship, read this article.
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, fees, airplane ticket, monthly stipend to cover room, board, and personal expenses
- Eligibility- South African Citizen, 30-45 years of age, at least few years of work experience
- Number of Recipients- Over 200 students from 1979
- Host University- Harvard University
- Brief Description- Students can study for one year to obtain a degree from Harvard Law School, School of Public Health, and Kennedy School of Government.
For more information about Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program, read this article.
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition
- Eligibility- Female Citizen from Africa
- Number of Recipients- 80 students since 1993
- Host University- Georgetown University Law Center
- Brief Description- During this 14-month program, fellows will receive Master of Laws to help them change Africa for the better.
For more information about Leadership and Advocacy for Women in Africa Fellowship, read this article.
For a complete list of scholarships for undergraduate international students, visit this article.in