Hanyang University Scholarships 2018 (Fully Funded)
Hanyang University is one of the top universities in Korea. “Hanyang” was an ancient name for South Korean capital which is now “Seoul”. Founded in 1939, this university is very well-known in Korea and in academic circles in the world because of its excellence in education.
Hanyang University consists of 23 colleges, 60 departments, and 21 graduate schools. In those various institutions of Hanyang University, there are approximately 25,000 undergraduate students and 11,000 graduate students taught by about 5,000 faculty members. To help the undergraduate students finance their degrees, Hanyang has awarded close to 97.6 million dollars each year!
Internship Required for Graduation
The most interesting aspect of Hanyang University is that all student needs to complete an internship in order to graduate. Hanyang University does a fabulous job in matching students with internship opportunities by establishing internship agreements with more than 160 companies.
As some of you know, having an internship experience is critical in getting a good job or furthering your studies. Hanyang University will help you tremendously for you to obtain an internship which will be an asset in the future.
For more information about internship and other important facts about Hanyang University, visit the Hanyang First and Only Page.
Hanyang University is extremely involved in research, something that is expected in top universities. Every year, Hanyang invests hundreds of millions of dollars into research which funds various research such as green energy, fusion technology, and biotechnology. As the result of the big investment in research, Hanyang has patented 878 domestic and 183 international patents which can only be seen in top universities.
To see various research that is currently occurring in Hanyang University, visit Research in Hanyang.
As the result of emphasis on research and internship opportunities, many alumni of Hanyang succeeded. Its alumni include Chairman of Hyundai Motors, CEO of Samsung Electronics, Minister of Environment, and various members of Korean Congress.
To see the successful alumni of Hanyang, please visit the List of Successful Hanyang Alumni.
Hanyang University Scholarships for International Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
Korean Government Scholarship
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, monthly stipend, airplane ticket, insurance, and other fees
- Eligibility- International Students
- Number of Recipients- 170 students each year for undergraduate students and 700 students each year for graduate students (Please note that this number includes students studying in other universities)
- Selection Process- Applicants submit their applications to the Korean Embassy in their country. Embassy make the first selection, and the National Institute for International Education make the final selection.
- For more information about Korean Government Scholarships, visit this link.
Hanyang International Excellence Awards (Undergraduate)
- Scholarship Awards- Up to 70%
- Eligibility- GPA of previously attended institution is 80 or higher in 100 scale
- Number of Recipients- Differ every semester
- Selection Process- Students need to apply while applying for admission
- For more information about this scholarship and other scholarships available, please visit Hanyang Undergraduate Scholarships.
Scholarships for combined Master’s and Doctoral Program in Engineering and Science
- Scholarship Awards- Full Tuition
- Eligibility- There is no eligibility requirements to apply for this scholarship, but in order to retain the scholarships, students are required to have minimum of 3.75 GPA each semester and two or three papers that are published in scientific journals.
- Selection Process- Students are selected after they are accepted. There is no need to apply for this scholarship. More information can be found in documents found in the Admissions Page.
- Spring Term- Applications open in September 11 and closes in September 22.
- Fall Term- Applications open in April 9 and closes in April 20.
How to Apply
The application procedure, application schedule, eligibility, required documents, and other important information for international students are listed in the official scholarship website. To access these important information, visit Hanyang Admissions for International Students.
At a Glance Brochure
At a Glance Brochure provides you with information that is in a concise manner. This brochure contains useful and insightful information about Hanyang University and its excellence in academics. To view this brochure, please visit At a Glance Brochure.
While At a Glance Brochure gives you a concise information about Hanyang, This comprehensive brochure gives you more details. After you have read At a Glance Brochure, you might want to take a look at this comprehensive brochure. To view this brochure, please visit Hanyang Comprehensive Brochure.
More Scholarships in Korea
There are other excellent universities in Korea that offer scholarships to international students. To get access to this wonderful information, visit the Korean Scholarship Category.