London School of Economics Scholarships 2018 (Fully Funded)
London School of Economics (LSE) is close to, if not the best university in the world for economics. Founded in 1895, it has produced the world’s best economists and experts in other fields in humanities and social sciences. For example, this university has produced 17% of all Nobel Laureates in Economics (13 out of 78). The academic excellence in economics and other humanities and social science fields has produced the world’s economic leaders and continue to do so.
Interestingly, London School of Economics contains a very high number of international students. There are 10,833 total students in this university including 7,544 international students. This numbers show that international students make up approximately 70% of the whole student body! The high number of international students prove that London School of Economics is willing to educate and finance qualified international students. You can view the number of international student and the student body in this link.
London School of Economics Scholarships for International Students (Undergraduate)
LSE Undergraduate Support Scheme
- Scholarship Awards- 6,000 euros to 26,000 euros each year. (Tuition is approximately 18,000 euros per year for international students)
- Eligibility- All international students
- Number of Recipients- Approximately 16 awards
- Application Deadline- Prospective students need to be accepted into this university first to apply for the scholarship. The admission opens in September 1st and closes in January 15th. After the student is accepted into the university, he needs to submit the scholarship application by late April.
- How to Apply- You need separate application form in addition to the application for admission. To access the scholarship form, visit LSE Undergraduate Support Scheme Page.
London School of Economics Scholarships for International Students (Graduate)
LSE PhD Studentships
- Scholarship Awards- Tuition, fees, living stipend of 18,000 euros per year
- Eligibility- All domestic and international students pursuing PhD degree
- Number of Recipients- 64 students per year
- Application Deadline- The application is available in October and have two rounds of selection. The first round closes in early January, and the second round closes in late April.
- How to Apply- There is no separate application form for this scholarship. You must be nominated by your department after you have received admission to London College of Economics. For more information, visit LSE PhD Studentships Information Page.
LSE Master’s Award
- Scholarship Awards- Up to full tuition and maintenance award
- Eligibility- Students whose financial need is too great to attend LSE. Preference is given to students from low to middle income countries and wish to pursue master’s degree.
- Number of Recipients- Vary from year to year
- Application Deadline- The application is available in October and closes in April.
- How to Apply- There is no separate application form for this scholarship. You would need to submit application to graduate programs. For more information, visit LSE Master’s Award Information Page.
Scholarships for Specific Countries
There are many scholarships for students in specific countries. The list in the official scholarship page is organized alphabetically. To view these scholarships, visit Scholarships for Specific Countries Page.
The scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students are either at the same time you have received admission or after you have received admission. Since these scholarships are awarded during the same time or after and not before, I will include application deadline for admissions. After you have received admissions, you can apply to these scholarships.
- Undergraduate- The application opens in September 1 of each year and closes in January 15 of each year.
- Graduate- There are two deadlines for graduate students. The application opens in October and the first deadline is in January, and the second deadline is in April.
How to Apply
The official scholarship website is the best source to find information about the application procedure. For undergraduate admissions, visit LSE’s Undergraduate Admissions Page to find out how to apply to London School of Economics. For graduate admissions, visit LSE’s Graduate Admissions Page to find out how to apply.
More Scholarships in United Kingdom
There are other fabulous universities with fully funded scholarships for international students. To view the list of those fully funded scholarships in United Kingdom, visit the United Kingdom Category.