Hankuk University of Foreign Studies Scholarships 2018 (Fully Funded)
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies scholarships are offered to international students who possess great potential. This university is offering full tuition and fully funded scholarships to able students with financial limitation to study in South Korea.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) is an excellent university located in South Korea. This university got its name from “Hankuk” which is a Korean word for “Korea”. Founded in 1954, HUFS was the first university in Korea to teach different foreign languages which was very important in Korea after the Korean War.
HUFS places a great importance in teaching foreign languages, but it also teaches other subjects such as engineering, natural science, law, business and economics. Many students who have studied in various fields other than the foreign studies have succeeded because of its excellent education. If you want to view the complete list, visit HUFS Academic Programs.
HUFS is composed of 22,504 undergraduate students in 74 departments within 17 colleges, 4,166 graduate students in 8 graduate schools, and approximately 1,744 international students from 90 countries. These students are taught by 841 faculty members including 200 international professors. This university has international exchange agreement with 638 universities in 92 countries worldwide, making it a very global university. For more information, visit Facts and Figures.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies Tuition and Fees
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies tuition for international students is approximately 4,000,000 KRW ($4,400) per semester. For graduate students, tuition is approximately 5,000,000 KRW ($5,500) per semester. If you could not afford the tuition, you can receive Hankuk University of Foreign Studies scholarships for international students to finance your study.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies Rankings
HUFS is ranked very high in the global rankings in spite of its relatively small size compared to other major Korean Universities. It is ranked first in Korean and 9th in Asia in the globalization index in QS World Rankings. Also, the ratio of foreign exchange students studying abroad, ratio of exchange students from foreign countries, and proportion of lectures taught in English are first in Korea. To view these rankings, visit HUFS Rankings.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies Scholarships (Undergraduate)
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition for 4 years
- Eligibility- Obtained above 96 of total admission pass mark
- How to Apply- There is no separate application form. You would need to apply for admission to HUFS. For more information, visit HUFS Veritas Scholarships for Undergraduate Students.
- Scholarship Amount- 50% reduction in tuition for 4 years
- Eligibility- Obtained above 93 of total admission pass mark
- How to Apply- There is no separate application form. You would need to apply for admission to HUFS. For more information, visit HUFS Pax Scholarships for Undergraduate Students.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies Scholarships (Undergraduate and Graduate)
The Korean Government Scholarships give many fully funded scholarships to international students. The deadline, however, is different, and application processes could be little complicated. To get the details of the Korean Government Scholarships, visit Korean Government Scholarship Article.
- Undergraduate (Early Decision)- Application opens in August 16 and closes in September 2.
- Undergraduate (Regular Decision)- Application opens in October 10 and closes in November 28.
- Graduate (First Round)- Application opens in April 3 and closes in April 7.
- Graduate (Second Round)- Application opens in May 8 and closes in May 16.
How to Apply
The official scholarship site is the best place to find information about the application procedure. If you are an undergraduate student, visit the undergraduate admission guide. If you are a graduate student, visit the graduate admission guide. Please read these guides carefully. After you have read these guides about the application procedure, prepare the necessary documents for your application. After you have prepared the necessary materials, submit the application to be reviewed for scholarship consideration.
More Scholarships in Korea
There are other fully funded and full tuition scholarships available for you in Korea. Visit the Korea Scholarships Category for more scholarships in Korea!