University of Toronto Scholarships 2018 (Fully Funded)
University of Toronto is one of the best universities in Canada and in the world. It was founded in 1827 as King’s College and later changed its name to University of Toronto. This university was crucial to the development of Canada because it has produced 2 Governors General of Canada and 4 Prime Ministers. University of Toronto offers various scholarships to international students to help them achieve their dreams in this fine university.
University of Toronto has produced many leaders in Canada and in around the world. This is due to the excellent education that this university offers. It is ranked 1st in Canada and 22nd in the world by the Times Higher Education World Rankings. In other rankings, it is ranked high also because of its excellence.
This university has around 44,000 undergraduate students and 17,000 graduate students who are taught by 2,500 excellent professors. They are located in three campuses in Canada located in Toronto, Scarborough, and Mississauga. So, do you want to study in University of Toronto, one of the fully funded universities in Canada?
University of Toronto Rankings
University of Toronto is ranked very high in the global rankings. In the 2018 World University Rankings, it is ranked 37th in the whole world. In the USNews Rankings, it is ranked 21 globally. In the Times rankings, it is ranked 22nd globally. This university has ranked consistently in the top 50 best universities in the world which means that it is top .1% best universities in the world!
This high global rankings the the major university ranking systems translates into the high academic standards of this university. It offers highest quality education to all students in variety of fields such as engineering, science, and humanities. So do you want to study in one of the best universities in the world?
University of Toronto Tuition and Fees
University of Toronto’s Tuition and Fees are very expensive for international students. They are approximately $50,000 a year for bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD students. If you include the room and board that you would have to pay in University of Toronto, that would be approximately $70,000 a year.
$70,000 a year is very expensive for majority of students. To help international students pay for this high cost, this fully funded university in Canada has provided with several scholarships to help students pay for this expensive tuition. International students are eligible for these fully funded scholarships listed below.
University of Toronto Scholarships (Undergraduate)
University of Toronto is one of the fully funded universities in Canada. Fully funded means that it offers tuition and living stipends to students. However, you should keep in mind that you might need money for emergency and for necessities if your living stipend is not enough to cover your expenses.
President’s Scholars of Excellence Program
- Scholarship Amount- $10,000, guaranteed part-time, meaningful, on-campus employment in their second year, guaranteed access to international learning opportunity
- Number of Recipients- 50 students
- Eligibility and Application Procedure- Students are automatically considered for this scholarship after they are admitted to University of Toronto. Students need to apply for admissions to be eligible. For more information, visit President’s Scholarships of Excellence Page.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, books, incidental fees, full residence support
- Number of Recipients- 37 students per year
- Eligibility- International students who wish to pursue an undergraduate program
- Application Procedure- Students need to be nominated by their school by November 30th. Then, you need to apply for admissions at University of Toronto. Next, you will need to complete a separate scholarship form. For more information, visit Lester B. Pearson Page.
University of Toronto Scholarships (Graduate)
As a fully funded university in Canada, University of Toronto offers tuition and living stipend scholarships to international students. However, you should always have some money for emergency and other purposes even if you receive these fully funded scholarships.
Vanier CGS –A Tri-Agency Award (Ph.D)
- Scholarship Amount- $50,000 a year (Tuition, living stipend, fees)
- Eligibility and Application Procedure- There are many eligibility criteria and steps in the application procedure. The official scholarship page does an excellent job in explaining the steps. Please see Vanier Scholarship Page for more information about the application procedure and eligibility criteria.
Ontario Trillium Scholarship Program (Ph.D)
- Scholarship Amount- $40,000 a year (Tuition, living stipend, fees)
- Eligibility and Application Procedure- There are many eligibility criteria and steps in the application procedure. Please see Ontario Trillium Scholarship Program for more information.
Vanier Scholarships (Ph.D)
- Scholarship Amount- $50,000 per year
- Application Deadline- September 25th
- Eligibility and Application Procedure- For detailed guide about eligibility and application procedure, visit Vanier Scholarships Article. To see it in an official scholarship page, visit University of Toronto Vanier Scholarships.
More Scholarships for International Students (Master’s and Ph.D)
There are many scholarships available for international students other than the ones listed above. Please see External Scholarships, International Students Awards, Internal Awards, and Government Scholarships to access these scholarships.
- Undergraduate- January 10 or January 17 depending on the field of study. Also, there are nomination deadline of November 30th for specific undergraduate scholarship. Visit this page for more information.
- Graduate- Application deadlines vary depending on the field of study. Visit this page for more information.
How to Apply to University of Toronto
More Scholarships in Canada
There are many fully funded universities in Canada that offer scholarships to international students. To access these scholarships, visit Canada Category.