McGill University Scholarships 2018 (Fully Funded Graduate)
McGill University is an excellent research university located in Montreal, Canada. Established in 1821, this university has educated hundreds of thousands of excelling students in many areas of study. It has produced 12 Nobel Laureates, 3 Canadian Prime Ministers, 142 Rhodes Scholars, 13 Canadian Supreme Court Justices, 4 foreign leaders, 11 Grammy Award winners, 28 Olympic medalists, and other alumni that excelled in other areas.
McGill University has approximately 27,000 undergraduate, 9,500 postgraduate, and 5,000 academic and administrative staff. They are located in 300 different programs that this university offers. Since, this university has one of the highest admissions standard in Canada, students must be in the top 10% of their class to have a chance to be admitted.
McGill University Scholarships (Undergraduate)
Unfortunately, there are not full tuition and fully funded scholarships available for international undergraduate students. However, they do offer significant amount of scholarships which will cover the majority of tuition. With the combination of these scholarships, students might cover tuition and other expenses. Please see Entrance Scholarships and Need-based Scholarship (including work-study).
McGill University Scholarships (Graduate)
Stravros S. Niarchos Foundation Scholarships for Excellence in Graduate Education (Master’s)
- Scholarship Amount- Approximately $34,000 to cover tuition, travel, and living expenses
- Application Deadline- The application deadline is set by the individual academic unit. Contact the academic unit of your choice for information about the deadline. (After you have submitted the application to the academic unit, the deadline for academic units to submit nominees to Graduate and Postgraduate Studies is March 1st.)
- Eligibility- Preference will be given to Permanent Residents of Greece, and students must be admitted to McGill or currently enrolled and hold first class CGPA determined by McGill.
- Application Procedure- Students need to submit a paper an application form by the application deadline. The application form and the application form can be found in this link.
Vanier Scholarships (Ph.D)
- Scholarship Amount- $50,000 a year for 3 years
- Application Deadline- September 21
- Eligibility and Application Procedure- Please see Vanier Scholarship Article.
Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students (Ph.D, PostDoc)
- Scholarship Amount
- Doctoral- $25,000 a year
- Postdoctoral- $35,000 a year
- Short Term Research- $3,000 a month
- Application Deadline- Students needs to submit pre-selection application to individual academic unity by June 29.
- Eligibility- All international students are welcome to apply. However, students from Brazil, India, Israel, and Wallonia Region will compete in their own citizenship category.
- Application Procedure- This is a two-step process. Students need to first apply to the academic unit for pre-selection by the deadline. If they are selected, then they will be contacted by the scholarship organization to submit required documents and application forms to the agency. For more information about the application procedure, visit Quebec Merit Scholarship Page.
More Scholarships in Canada
Many scholarships are offered in Canadian Universities for international students. Please visit the Canada Category to access these scholarships.