University of Edinburgh Scholarships 2019
University of Edinburgh is one of the best universities in UK and in the world. Founded in 1582, it is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world. In its long history, it has educated to hundreds of thousands of students, and most of them succeeded because of the excellent education that they have received. These scholars include Maxwell Planck, who discovered the electromagnetic wave; Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who wrote the famous Sherlock Holmes Series; and Charles Darwin, who formulated the theory of evolution.
Not only its success of the alumni, but the high ranking proves the excellent quality of education in University of Edinburgh. It is ranked 24th in the world and 6th in Europe by the QS World Rankings. Being in the top 100 globally is the goal of many excellent universities, and University of Edinburgh has gone above that goal.
The university consist of 23,301 undergraduate students, 13,190 graduate students, and 5,188 administrative staff who are located in 3 colleges and 20 schools. These numbers include thousands of international students who are studying in University of Edinburgh.
University of Edinburgh Scholarships (Undergraduate)
Unfortunately, University of Edinburgh does not offer many scholarships to undergraduate international students. The scholarships that they do offer is small and do not cover the entire tuition. If you want to see the scholarships that they do offer to undergraduate international students, visit the University of Edinburgh Undergraduate International Scholarships.
University of Edinburgh Scholarships (Graduate)
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, monthly stipend, airplane ticket, arrival allowance, visa expenses
- Eligibility- All international students wishing to study in Master’s
- Application Deadline- Application opens in August 7th, 2017 and closes in November 7th, 2017.
- Application Procedure and Requirements- Please see Chevening Scholarships Article.
Principal’s Career Development Ph.D Scholarships
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, yearly stipend of 14,500 euros
- Eligibility- All international student wishing to study in Ph.D programs
- Number of Recipients- 45 new students per year
- Application Deadline- The application opens in November and closes in February 1st, 2018.
- Application Procedures and Requirements- Please see the Official Scholarship Page for more information.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition fee difference between oversees applicant and UK applicant.
- Eligibility- All international students wishing to study in Ph.D programs
- Number of Recipients- 30 new students per year
- Application Deadline- Application opens in November and closes in February 1, 2018.
- Application Procedure- Please see Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships Page.
Specific Scholarships based on Country of Origin and Field of Study
There are many fully funded and full tuition scholarships for both Master’s and Ph.D programs that are specific to the country or to the field of study. To view these scholarships, visit Graduate Scholarship Page.
How to Apply
More Scholarships in UK
There are many excellent universities in United Kingdom that offer fully funded scholarships to international students. To access these information, visit the UK Category.