UNIST: Scholarships, Admissions, Rankings, Tuition
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) is one of the best universities in Korea for science and technology. It is a very young university which was founded in 2007, but it already has established a reputation for excellence in academics.
In UNIST, there are 3,800 undergraduate students, 1,643 graduate students, and 444 faculty located in 11 schools with 23 tracks, 16 graduate programs, 2 professional graduate schools, and 1 specialized graduate school. These students have done 3,294 research projects in 8 years using scientific equipments that are valued at $140,000,000.
Unist is ranked very high for such a young university. Times Higher Education has ranked it to be 201-250 in the world. USNews has ranked it to be 7th in Korea, 55th in Asia, and 392nd in the world. These high rankings from these agencies are incredible, especially for its young age.
You will need to fill out an online application for admissions, and the application fee is waived for all international students. The official scholarship website explains the application procedure clearly. Visit Undergraduate Admissions and Graduate Admissions for more information. These admissions guides have all the information that you will need to complete the application such as application timetable, application forms, and required materials.
The UNIST tuition fee is very affordable for international students. For undergraduate students, the tuition fee is $5,000 a year, and the tuition fee for graduate students is $2,000 a year. If students have a problem paying these fees, there are international scholarships available for you!
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) Undergraduate Scholarships
National President Science Scholarship
- Scholarship Award- Admission fee, tuition
- Eligibility- All international students
- Application Procedure- The students are selected by the Korea Student Aid Foundation. You can apply simultaneously to both the admissions and National President Science Scholarships.
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, living expenses, meal expenses
- Eligibility- Currently enrolled international students who took at least 12 credits and have a GPA of at least 3.3/4.3.
- Application Procedure- There is no separate application. Students will be given this scholarship automatically.
For more non full-tuition scholarships available for international students, see UNIST Scholarships Page.
UNIST Scholarships (Graduate)
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition
- Eligibility- Graduate students who are admitted as Government Scholarship recipients or UNIST Scholarship recipients, graduate students who are enrolled within a certain period for different programs, who did not receive an academic warning, and was not placed under probation.
- Application Procedure- Prospective students need to apply for admission first. Scholarships will be given automatically based on the applicant pool.
- Scholarship Amount- Monthly stipend of 500,000 won for Master’s and 700,000 won for Doctoral
- Eligibility- Graduate students who are admitted as Government Scholarship recipients or UNIST Scholarship recipients, graduate students who are enrolled within certain period for different programs, who did not receive academic warning, and was not place under probation.
- Application Procedure- The prospective students need to apply to admission first. If they do get accepted, they will need to contact different labs for research positions.
For more information about UNIST graduate scholarships, visit Graduate Scholarships Page.
UNIST Scholarships (Undergraduate and Graduate)
Korean Government Scholarships
Korean government offers fully-funded scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students. Students applying for UNIST are eligible to receive this scholarship. For more information, visit Korean Government Scholarship Article.
More Scholarships in Korea
There are many scholarships in Korea that are fully-funded and full tuition for international students. To access these scholarships, visit Korea Category.