Sophia University is an excellent private research university in Japan. This university is one of the best private universities in Japan, often ranking very high even among public universities in Japan. In addition to its quality education, Sophia University offers full-tuition scholarships for international students.
At Sophia University, there are approximately 11,000 undergraduate students and 1,500 postgraduate students studying in Tokyo.
Scholarships for International Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
Sophia University New Students Scholarships
- Scholarship Amount- Up to Full Tuition
- Eligibility- Excellent Grades, Financial Difficulty
- Application Dates- Applications open on September 1 and closes on September 22 for Undergraduate Students. For Master’s and Ph.D., the application dates vary according to your field of study, but generally, it opens on September 1 and closes on September 22 as well. You can find the exact Application Date at Sophia University Fields of Study Page.
- Application Procedures- Students must apply for scholarships as well as admissions. The application procedure and application form are founded in the very bottom of the Sophia Scholarship Page.
Sophia University Benefactor’s Scholarship (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Scholarship Amount- Full tuition and Entrance Fee
- Eligibility, Application Dates, Application Procedure are same as the Sophia University New Students Scholarships.
How to Apply
To apply for scholarships, you must first apply for admissions. Please visit and read carefully the Undergraduate Application Procedure and Graduate Application Procedure found in the official scholarship website. To apply for scholarships after you have applied, look at application procedures section above.
More Scholarships in Japan
There are many universities in Japan that offer full tuition and fully funded scholarships to international students. Please visit Japanese Scholarship Category for more information.