Hosei University Scholarships 2019 (Undergraduate)
Hosei University is a private university located in Tokyo, Japan. It was founded in 1880 as a law school under a different name but changed its name to Hosei University in 1903. This university is very popular among Japanese high school students and received third most number of applications in Japan for many years.
Hosei University has approximately 28,000 undergraduate and 2,000 postgraduate students located in three campuses. The interesting aspect of these campuses is that these campuses are responsible for teaching a specific area of study such as sciences in one campus and humanities in the other for example.
Fortunately for international students, Hosei University offers many English-based degree programs. If you do plan on majoring in one of these English-based degree programs, you do not need to know Japanese in order to understand the lectures. However, if you do not plan on majoring in those English-based degree programs, you need to learn enough Japanese to follow the lectures which you can learn through a Japanese language program.
Hosei University Scholarships (Undergraduate)
All International Students:
- Receive 30% tuition scholarships in their first year.
- Receive 20% or 40% tuition scholarships in their second, third, and fourth year depending on academic progress.
Hosei International Fund International Student Scholarship
- Scholarship Amount- 1 million Japanese yen per year (Tuition is 800,000 yen to 1,000,000 yen per year)
- Number of Recipients- 9 new students every year (3 freshman, 2 sophomores, 2 juniors, and 2 seniors)
- Eligibility- All international students are eligible
- Application Procedure- There is no separate application for this scholarship. Students need to apply for admissions to be eligible.
If you plan on enrolling in Hosei University, here are other scholarships for currently enrolled undergraduate students in Hosei University. For more information about scholarships for prospective and currently students in Hosei University Scholarship Page.
There are two admissions cycles in Hosei University. First admission cycle admits students based on document screening and interview. The second admission cycle admits students based on only document screening.
- First Admission Cycle- The application opens in September 19 and closes in September 29.
- Second Admission Cycle- The application opens in November 14 and closes in November 24.
How to Apply
There are guidelines for each admission cycle in the official scholarships website. To access these guidelines, visit Hosei University Application Procedure.
More Scholarships in Asia
There are many universities that offer scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate students. To access these scholarships, visit Asian Scholarship Category.