Do you want to study in Canada and still pay affordable tuition fees? Then, this article about cheap universities and colleges in Canada is for you! Before you decide to study at a Canadian university as an international student, you need to evaluate why you want to study in Canada. Let’s look at some of the most common reasons.
Why are Canadian Universities and Colleges so Popular among International Students?
First, international students are attracted to the high rankings of Canadian universities and colleges. Universities such as University of Toronto, McGill University, McMaster University, and University of British Columbia rival the Ivy Leagues and prestigious universities in the United Kingdom. Also, these universities offer great scholarships to international students unlike some of the universities in the US! You can check the University of Toronto, McGill University, and University of British Columbia for more information about these scholarships.
Second, international students wish to study in Canada is the beautiful nature in Canada. This country is known for its beauty and has fascinating animals and plants. Since places like Vancouver, Quebec, and Nova Scotia are famous tourist attractions, many international students wish to study in Canada to sightsee and view the beautiful and magnificent nature.
Third, Canadian universities and colleges offer undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD programs with affordable tuition. Also, professional degrees such as MBA and Medical doctors can be obtained by paying affordable tuition fees. I need to state that these tuition figures change according to your major, so numbers are an average.
Just on the side note, there are many countries that have cheap and even free tuition universities for international students! Check out USA, Germany, and Norway for countries with free tuition universities.
Cheap Universities in Canada and Annual Tuition Fees for International Students (USD)
This is the average cost of Canadian universities with low tuition fees for international students. Since this is an average, it might not apply to you. So, please check the tuition links that I have listed below with each university to figure out exact tuition fees for your major and program.
Hopefully, this list of low tuition universities in Canada was informative. To increase your chances of attending Canadian universities, you need to be smart in where you put your application. You should apply to few “reach” universities where you apply to prestigious schools, (where your chances of acceptance are slim), few “match’ schools where you have a fairly good chance of getting accepted, and few “safety” schools where you have a very high chance of getting accepted. To help you to choose your “safety” schools, we’ve compiled a list of 20 Universities in Canada with Highest Acceptance Rates. By applying to few of these universities, you will increase your chances of studying in Canada dramatically.
Brief Description of Cheap Universities in Canada
1. University of Alberta
- University of Alberta Scholarships
- Canada Citizens: $5,321
- International: $21,668
- University of Alberta was established by two men whose names are Rutherford and Tory. These men were influential in establishing other universities in Canada. It’s huge endowment of 1.2 billion dollars helps the university to operate and also lower the tuition. It has some departments that are ranked in the top 100 programs in the world.
2. University of Northern British Columbia
- Canada Citizens: $5,318
- International: $18,612
- Our next cheapest university in Canada is the University of Northern British Columbia. With five campuses located in British Columbia, this middle-sized university is one of the most affordable for graduate students. The student body is comprised of approximately 4,000 students and there is an important offer of various programs. Some of these are related to medical science while others are in the area of business administration. From master to doctorates, this is a great option for students wishing to continue their higher education after finishing their bachelor’s degree.
3. McMaster University
- McMaster University Scholarships
- Canada Citizens – $5,000
- International – $25,000
- McMaster University is a renown university in many academic fields such as engineering, MBA, nursing, humanities, and arts. It is a historic university and was formed in 1887. It has a great curriculum and constantly ranks in the top 100 universities in the world. Also, compared to other universities in its level such as UPenn or Northwestern in USA, it provides cheap MBA and Master’s degrees in Canada.
4. University of Ottawa
- University of Ottawa Scholarships
- University of Ottawa Acceptance Rate
- Canada Citizens: $6,765
- International: $31,444
- University of Ottawa is a large public university located in Ottawa, Ontario. It provides lectures in both English and in French making it one of the largest bilingual universities in the world. It is also the prestigious member of U15, which is a group of Canadian Universities that has been acknowledged for their research efforts. Currently, there are 35,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students that are studying at this fabulous university.
5. Dalhousie University
- Dalhousie University Scholarships
- Dalhousie University Acceptance Rate
- Canada Citizens– $10,010
- International – $20,300
- Dalhousie University University is another famous Canadian university. This public research university is located in Nova Scotia. It provides great research programs to its students so that these students might be prepared for the future. Also, Dalhousie University is ranked appoximately 300th university globally. Compared to other universities in US or UK that are ranked around the same, it provides its undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD degrees for a cheap tuition.
6. University of Saskatchewan
- University of Saskatchewan Scholarships
- University of Saskatchewan Acceptance Rate
- Canada Citizens – $8,700
- International – $23,000
- University of Saskatchewan has a high acceptance rate of approximately 70%. This high acceptance rate is good news for international students who wish to study in Canada because it is easier to be accepted to this excellent university. Also, international students can take advantage of the fact that University of Saskatchewan is a cheap Canadian university with great academics.
7. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Canada Citizens $ 5,000
- International: $10,000
- Memorial University of Newfoundland Acceptance Rate
- Memorial University of Newfoundland is a relatively easier Canadian university to be admitted because of its admission rate of 66.8% admission rate. Also, this university is popular especially to international students because it is a cheap university in Canada. Its medicine, education, and geology departments are one of the best in Canada, so students interested in these fields should definitely apply.
8. University of Manitoba
- Canada Citizens – $10,500
- International: $22,000
- University of Manitoba is known for its excellence in teaching both undergraduate and graduate students. Also, it is one of the most affordable universities in Canada for both domestic and international students.
9. University of Winnipeg
- University of Winnipeg Acceptance Rate
- Canada Citizens: $3,675
- International: $13,695
- The University of Winnipeg is a Canadian university with low tuition fees for international students and is home to approximately 10,000 students in 2018-2019 school year. Its focus is on undergraduate students, and it has received good rankings in undergraduate education because of its focus. Also, it offers this superb education to both domestic and international students for affordable tuition fees.
10. Université de Saint-Boniface
- Canada Citizens: $3,563
- International: $7,482
- This institution is located in Manitoba and it’s a public university. An important caveat is that the institution requires students to have minimum proficiency in French. This is because it’s the main language spoken at the institution. English proficiency might be required as well. This is a very small university with less than 2,000 students. However, they offer programs both at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
11. University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick Acceptance Rate
- Canada Citizens: $10,000
- International: $21,000
- University of New Brunswick is a fabulous institution in Canada. It has a strong curriculum in a variety of subjects including science, engineering, nursing, and medicine. Prospective students should take a look at University of New Brunswick and what the university has to offer.
12. Brandon University
- Canada Citizens: $3,602
- International: $7,203
- Brandon University was established in 1889 and is one of the cheapest Canadian university with low tuition fees in arts, science, education, music, and nursing. In 2018 – 2019, there are 3,000 undergraduate students currently attend Brandon University, and you can become one too!
13. Simon Fraser University
- Canada Citizens: $3,000
- International: $5,300
- Simon Fraser University is a huge institution located in British Columbia Canada. It has many different campuses such as the one in Vancouver other than the main campus. Although it is often shadowed by the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University is still an excellent Canadian university that has a strong curriculum.
14. Bishop’s University
- Canada Students: $4,300
- International: $17,000
- Bishop’s University is a liberal arts university located in Sherbrooke, Canada. The cheap university in Canada was established in 1843 as a college. It is organized into five academic schools which offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business, education, humanities, natural sciences, life sciences, and social sciences. It is best known for its school of business which offers degree programs in economics, entrepreneurship, international business, etc. The university has seven sports teams that represent the university at national championships. The football team of Bishop’s University is famous throughout Canada. The notable alumni of Bishop’s University include a number of poets, writers, politicians and army officers.
15. Vanier College
- Canada Citizens: $3,500
- International: $18,800
- Vanier College is a public college located in Montreal, Canada. It was established in 1970 as a part of English-league Public colleges. It is a relatively small college that offers programs in twenty-five disciplines. These include both two years pre-university programs and three years technical programs or diplomas. Being a public college, it has a very good repute and attracts students from all over Quebec. The Vanier College has a well established athletic program and is best known for its basketball and football teams. The notable alumni of the college include famous players, actors, army officers, politicians, etc.
16. Université Laval
- Canada Citizens: $5,500
- International: $20,370
- Université Laval (Laval university in English) is a public research university present in Quebec City, Canada. This cheap university in Canada was established in 1661 and is regarded as one of the oldest universities present in Canada. Being a French-language university, it offers most of the programs in French. It offers degree programs in more than 350 disciplines such as agriculture, economics, music, engineering, medicine and nursing etc. The university has a total student body of more than 38,000. More than 3000 international students are currently enrolled at the university. The university’s football team is very famous for winning more championships than any other university present in Canada.
17. Algonquin College
- Canada Citizens: Fee Calculator Based On Program
- International: $14,000
- Algonquin College is a public college for applied arts and technology present in Ottawa, Canada. This affordable university in Canada was established in 1967 as an English college. The college offers undergraduate degrees as well as diplomas and certificates in various disciplines. It offers more than 190 educational programs. The college is well known for its high research activity throughout Canada. It has more than 19,000 on-campus students. International students also come to join Algonquin College. The college is well known for its bachelor’s degree in animation and in interior design. The notable alumni of Algonquin College include important international leaders, music artists, and interior designers.
18. College La Cité
- Canada: $8,178
- International: $18,000
- College La Cité is a public French-language college located in Ontario, Canada. The college was established in 1990. As of now, the college is ranked number one college in Ontario. The college offers more than 90 degree programs to the students coming from all over Canada. International students with French as a second language also come to get enrolled at this college. The college has a very high graduate employment rate as compared to other colleges present in Ontario. It offers a number of scholarships and entrance awards to the incoming students. The volleyball team of the college is very famous for winning championships in Ontario.
19. Herzing College
- Canada Citizens: Please Consult University for Information
- International: $16,043
- Herzing College (now called Herzing University) is a private non-profit university located in Milwaukee. It was established as a private college in 1967 and attained the status of university in 2009. This university offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the field of medicine, nursing, economics, agriculture, life sciences, social sciences, etc. The university also offers a number of diplomas, certificates and associate degree programs. The university operates around ten campuses in different states of the US. Although a private institute, the tuition fee at the university is minimal and easily affordable. In addition, it also offers a number of scholarships to the students and because of that, it is an affordable university in Canada.
20. Dawson College
- Canada Citizens: $3,150
- International: $15,750
- Dawson College is a public college located in Westmount, Canada. The college was established in 1969. It offers degree programs in English language. The college offers pre-university and technical programs in more than 30 fields. These programs are offered in the morning as well as evening classes. Dawson College has student strength of more than 11,000 students. International students also come to study at Dawson College. The basketball team of college is well known for having 25 years of supremacy. The notable alumni of college include a number of famous actors, authors, politicians and judges of the country.
21. TAV College
- Canada Citizens: $4,100
- International: $15,350
- TAV College is a private college located in Montreal, Canada. Although a private college, the TAV College is accredited with the government. It was established in 1995. Like other colleges, it also offers pre-university programs and technical programs. It is best known for its career programs in social sciences, administration and computing. The TAV College has a student association and four student clubs. It offers a very enjoyable and recreational life to the students. This cheap college in Canada also has an alumni association that helps the students in getting admission to the university as well as in their professional life.
22. Algoma University
- Canada Citizens: $6,900
- International: $19,315
- Algoma University is a public research university located in Ontario, Canada. It was founded in 1965 as a college and attained the status of university in 2008. Unlike other universities, Algoma University offers only undergraduate programs. The students are offered undergraduate degrees in around 30 disciplines by the university. It is relatively a small university with only 1,600 students. The university has only 75 academic staff members. Although a small university, it offers high-quality education to the students with minimal tuition fee. The graduate employment rate of Algoma University is very high which represent the high-quality education provided at the university.
23. Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Canada Citizens: $4,275
- International: $14,500
- Cambrian College is a publicly funded college of applied arts and technology located in Ontario, Canada. The college was established in 1967. It operates two campuses in Ontario. The college has five schools including school of business, justice, health sciences, engineering and environmental sciences. These schools offer more than 90 full-time programs. Cambrian College is best known for its computer and engineering technology programs. The college has three student associations which provide an opportunity to the students towards developing leadership skills. This college has given a number of politicians and technology experts to the country.
24. University of Windsor
- Canada Citizens: $7,550
- International: $20,500
- University of Windsor is a public research university located in Windsor, Canada. This cheap university in Canada is known to have a very high research activity as compared to other universities present in the city. It was established as a college in 1857 and attained the status of university in 1963. As of now, the University of Windsor consists of five faculties. These faculties offer undergraduate and graduate programs with more than 170 majors. The university has a total student body of more than 16,000 students. International students are also enrolled in various programs at University of Windsor. Being a public university, the University of Windsor charges only a small amount of tuition fees.
25. Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Canada Citizens: $5,520
- International: $18,770
- Centennial College is a public-funded college present in Toronto, Canada. It was established in 1966. As of now, Centennial College is ranked among the top 10 research colleges present in Canada. This college offers a number of bachelor’s degrees and diploma programs of applied arts and technology. With around 22,000 full-time and 19,000 part-time students, Centennial College is one of the largest colleges present in Canada. International students from more than 100 cultural groups are enrolled at the university. International students prefer Centennial College for high research activity and the quality education provided at much lower tuition fee.
26. Lakehead University
- Canada Citizens: $6,000
- International $23,750
- Lakehead University is a public research university located in Ontario, Canada. The university was established as a technical institute in 1946 and attained the status of university in 1965. Lakehead University has two campuses in Ontario. It is organized into 9 faculties. These faculties offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in fields like business, management, computer engineering, health sciences, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, etc. Lakehead University is well known for its internationally accredited school of business. The university has more than 9,000 students enrolled in both campuses. International students make more than 5% of the total students present at the university.
27. Thompson Rivers University
- Canada Citizens: $4,228
- International: $16,800
- Located on the bank of Thompson Rivers, Thompson Rivers University is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada. The university was established in 1970. It is a degree-awarding university that awards undergraduate and graduate degrees in vocational programs. The university is organized into 10 schools and faculties which offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs. This cheap university in Canada offers on-campus programs as well as distant learning and online programs. The university has more than 13,000 on-campus students as well as 13,000 students enrolled in distant learning programs. International students are also enrolled in a number of programs at the university.
28. Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Canada Citizens: $4,253
- International: $18,454
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a public research university located in British Columbia, Canada. It was established in 1981. The university offers undergraduate and graduate polytechnic programs. It has five campuses in British Columbia. The university is organized into seven faculties which offer graduate and undergraduate degrees as well as diplomas and associate degree programs. It has more than 20,000 students. It is known as the best polytechnic university present in British Columbia. The university also attracts a number of international students every year. It has a well-developed athletics department. The soccer teams of the university are famous in the entire country.
29. University of the Fraser Valley
- Canada Citizens: $4,351
- International: $17,160
- University of the Fraser Valley is another public research university in British Columbia. It is located in the city of Abbotsford. It was established as a college in 1974 and attained the status of university in 1988. As of now, the university has ten faculties and schools. It is best known for its faculty of arts. The university offers degree programs with more than 100 majors. With around 15,000 students, it is regarded as one of the top universities present in Canada. The university has more than 10 research centers and institutes and is ranked as a university with very high research activity.
30. University of Victoria
- Canada Citizens: $5,585
- International: $18,785
- University of Victoria is one of the top-ranked public research universities present in British Columbia. The university was established in 1903 as a college and attained the status of university in 1963. As of now, the university is organized into nine faculties and schools which offer graduate and undergraduate programs in more than 150 disciplines. It is ranked among the top 20 universities present in Canada. The university is best known for its research on climate change and environmental sciences. International students come to join the university for its high-quality education and research. The university also offers international students exchange program.
31. Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology
- Canada Citizens: $5,550
- International: $14,850
- Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT) is a public educational institution located in Winnipeg, Canada. MITT has four major departments which offer diplomas, associate degrees, undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, management, information technology, and health sciences. It is known as one of the best business schools present in the country. The students at MITT not only study books but they also learn deep skills of business, management, and technology. It is all due to the close association MITT has with the industry. The high graduate employment rate of MITT is evident of the skills students learn at the institute.
32. Booth University College
- Canada Citizens: $8,430
- International: $11,760
- Booth University College is a private university located in Winnipeg, Canada. It is a liberal arts university that is affiliated with the Salvation army. It was established as a college in 1982. It officially became a university in 2016. It is a relatively small university with only 350 students and 16 academic faculty members. However, it is organized into five schools, and is well-known for its liberal arts programs. A large number of students apply for admission every year at this cheap college in Canada. Only a limited number of students are selected for admission at the university. International students also study at the university.
33. Athabasca University
- Canada Citizens: $4,760
- International: $14,330
- Athabasca University is a public university located in Alberta, Canada. The university was established in 1970. It is an open university and is best known for its online degree programs. The university is divided into five faculties. These faculties offer programs in business, technology, humanities, social sciences, etc. Athabasca University also has research centers and facilities. It is considered to be the first university that started offering online degree programs in Canada. It has more than32,000 undergraduate and around 6,000 graduate students. The notable alumni of Athabasca University include astronauts, space scientists, politicians, technology experts, etc.
34. MacEwan University
- Canada Citizens: $4,620
- International: $18,240
- MacEwan University is a public research university located in Alberta, Canada. It was established in 1971 as a community college and attained the status of university in 2004. The MacEwan University currently offers only undergraduate degree programs. It is organized into six schools and faculties which offer undergraduate degrees in the fields of arts, education, health sciences, and nursing, etc. This cheap university in Canada has more than 20,000 students. International students from different countries of the world are also currently enrolled at MacEwan University. The tuition fee at MacEwan University is very low due to its status of public university.
35. University of Lethbridge
- Canada Citizens: $4,974
- International: $12,641
- University of Lethbridge is a publicly funded research university present in Lethbridge. It was established in 1967. The University of Lethbridge is organized into seven schools and faculties. These faculties offer more than 150 undergraduate degree programs. The graduate school of the University of Lethbridge offers around 50 graduate and doctorate level degree programs. The university also offers 9 pre-university programs. It is one of the top-ranked research universities present in Canada with high research activity. The university has a total student body of around 10,000 students out of which around 600 students belong to countries other than Canada.
36. Concordia University of Edmonton
- Canada Citizens: $7,140
- International: $12,630
- Concordia University of Edmonton is a private institute present in Edmonton, Canada. It was established as a college in 1921 and attained the status of university in 1995. The university has seven faculties and schools which offer degree programs in business, arts, science, music, physical education and wellbeing, etc. It is known as one of the best universities of arts present in Alberta. In addition to the quality education, Concordia University also provides sport facilities to its students. The university has more than 8 sports teams. The soccer team of the Concordia University is famous for winning championships in the state.
37. First Nations University of Canada
- Canada Citizens – $6,533
- International – $19,598
- First Nations University of Canada is located in Saskatchewan, Canada. It is a public research university having three campuses. The university was established in 1976. Although it is recognized as a university, it is actually a federated college affiliated with the University of Regina. Therefore, the degrees earned at First Nations University of Canada are actually from the University of Regina. The students at this university pay the same fee as paid by the students at University of Regina. It has been facing some staff-related problems in the past couple of years. It is a relatively small university having only a small number of students.
38. St Thomas More College
- Canada Citizens – $6,950
- International – $20,000
- Located in Saskatchewan, St Thomas More College (STM College) is a public college of liberal arts. The college was established in 1935. It is a federated college of the University of Saskatchewan. The college offers associate degree programs in English, linguistics, history, economy, catholic-studies, etc. The students at STM College receive the degree of University of Saskatchewan, as it is not an autonomous degree-awarding college. This cheap college in Canada has around 1500 full-time as well as part-time students. It has 135 academic faculty members. Students at the STM College get an opportunity to join a number of organizations for their personal development. These organizations provide valuable experience and practical skills to the students.
39. Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Canada Citizens – $5,500 (Approx.)
- International – $14,500 (Approx.)
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a public educational institution located in Saskatchewan. This institute was established in 1959. It is regarded as the top public institution for technical education and skill development located in Saskatchewan. This institute has four campuses. It is organized into four schools that offer more than 150 programs in visual media, aviation, health services, hospitality, etc. The institute has more than 14,000 students and around 1900 academic faculty members. It has partnerships with a number of other institutes for the skill development and training of the students. The trained students of Saskatchewan Polytechnic are known to have great practical skills and are preferred by the companies for employment.
40. Parkland College
- Canada Citizens – $8,500
- International – $23,000
- Parkland College is a famous publicly funded community college located in Illinois. This college was established in 1967. With student strength of more than 20,000 students, it is one of the biggest community colleges present in Illinois. It offers associate degrees in engineering technology, science, fine arts, applied sciences, etc. The college also offers more than 100 diploma and certificate programs. In addition to providing quality education, Parkland College also provides quality campus life to its students. It has around 40 registered student clubs and organizations that provide the students an opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities and learn new skills.
41. Campion College
- Canada Citizens – $7,7400
- International – $21,300
- Campion College is a public college located in Regina. This college was established in 1917. This cheap college in Canada is affiliated with the University of Regina. The college offers associate degree programs in arts, catholic studies, science, etc. The students at Campion College get the degree of University of Regina as it is not an independent degree-awarding college. The college also offers pre-professional programs. It is a relatively small college having only 650 students and only 23 academic faculty members. The college has a strong alumni association. Campion College also offers a number of scholarships to the students who get admission to the college.
42. St. Francis Xavier University
- Canada Citizens– $8,830
- International – $8,830
- St. Francis Xavier University is a public university located in Antigonish, Canada. It was established in 1835 as a college and attained the status of university in 1994. It is one of the oldest universities present in Canada. As of now, it is an undergraduate university that offers programs in liberal arts, science, business and management, etc. The university is organized into 5 faculties and institutes. Students union at the St. Francis Xavier University provides the students an opportunity to develop leadership skills. This university has given a number of great politicians to the country. The campus life of the students at this university is also very cheerful.
43. Canadian Mennonite University
- Canada Citizens: $7,410
- International: $10,003
- This university is a relatively young university that was founded in 1999. It was established by merging three different universities to make a bigger university. It offers strong programs in MBA, business, fine arts, and theology. It also has various athletic programs such as soccer, basketball, and volleyball. Canadian Mennonite University is on the list of cheapest Canadian universities and colleges for undergraduate and Master’s programs.
44. Dominican University College
- Canada Citizens: $4,364
- International: $12,494
- This excellent cheap college in Canada is a Catholic institution located in Ontario. It was formed in 1900 and has an affiliation with Carleton University. It offers an affordable undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD degrees. Its strong academic areas are philosophy, history, and theology.
45. University of St. Paul
- Canada Citizens: $5,278
- International: $12,766
- This university is located in Ottawa, Canada. Similar to the Ottawa University that is located in the same city, University of St. Paul offers education in both French and in English. So, students who are more familiar with French can still receive fabulous education in Canada by attending these bilingual universities.
46. Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Canada Citizens: $6,500
- International $20,300
- This fabulous university is located in Calgary and is a public university which was established in 1916. It has fabulous academic programs in the field of technology and automation. Since it is a public university, international students can attend this Canadian university by paying relatively cheap tuition, especially for a postgraduate diploma.
47. University of Calgary
- Canada Citizens: $5,386
- International: $18,388
- This affordable university in Canada is located in Alberta and it started as a branch of the University of Alberta. However, in time, it developed into an independent university that now offers different programs, from law to health science and business. This university has over 80 different research centers. This makes it a very attractive option for international graduate students interested in continuing their education in Canada. Notable alumni have gone and created great projects outside of the school, such as Uber co-founder Garrett Camp. The student body is comprised of approximately $25,000 students. There are programs offered at campuses located in other countries, such as the case of Qatar.
48. Mount Royal University
- Canada Citizens: $4,942
- International: $18,913
- Mount Royal University was formed in 1910 and is one of the best public universities in Calgary, Alberta. It started as a junior college that transferred students to the University of Calgary, but it became a full-fledged university when it grew exponentially. Now, it has over 20,000 students who are studying in various academic fields such as aviation and nursing.
49. Cape Breton University
- Canada Citizens – $8,040
- International – $16,080
- Cape Breton University is known to have a cheap MBA program in Canada. This university is currently located in Nova Scotia with other excellent universities in the area. It has a beautiful campus, and its surroundings are very pretty. They have millions of dollars in endowments which they spend in improving their curriculum and facilities for its students.
50. Acadia University
- Canada Citizens – $8,933
- International – $17,884
- Although there are graduate programs, Arcadia University focuses on undergraduate studies primarily. There are some Master’s programs and one doctorate program that are provided by the university. Arcadia University’s total enrollment is around 4,000, so it is a medium-sized Canadian university.
Canadian Universities with Low Tuition Fees for International Students by Degrees
Now, I will talk about which universities offer the most affordable degrees, which will lower your cost to study in Canada.
Cheapest Undergraduate Degree- Brandon University offers the most affordable undergraduate degree in Canada. It cost approximately $6,000 a year to study there.
Cheapest Masters Degree- Simon Fraser University is offering one of the cheapest Masters degrees in Canada. The average cost of studying Master’s program per year is $5,500.
Cheapest PhD Degree- Simon Fraser University is also the winner. This university offers Ph.D. degrees starting from $2,500.
Cheapest MBA Degree- Many students wonder about cheap MBA programs in Canada. The Memorial University of Newfoundland offers MBA program for $6,000, which is one of the cheapest MBA programs. You can get your MBA degree for only $12,000!
So overall, the cheapest undergraduate diploma in Canada is from Brandon University, and the cheapest postgraduate diploma is from the Simon Fraser University.
Application Procedures in Universities in Canada for International Students
Let’s take a look at the application procedure for international students. However, I cannot outline the specific application procedure because the information is different for different universities. I will teach you the basic information and how to find the information for yourself.
1. Go to the university website to application information.
You will need to figure out which universities in Canada that you want to apply and then go to their website. Every website has an apply or application section, so you will need to click on that. Read over BOTH the general application procedure and the specific procedures for international students. Here is an example from University of Ottawa. You can see that they have very specific information for international students. Like the page linked before, you will need to find guides that are intended for international students.
2. Check if you are eligible.
After you found the information on their website, you will need to now check if you are eligible. Some universities in Canada will have a requirement for GPA, and many will have for English Proficiency Tests. If you do meet the requirements, great! If not, you will need to either meet the requirements or look for other universities with lower requirements.
3. Application Type
The third thing that you need to figure out is the type of applications that the universities use. They will have it outline on their website, so you will need to find the information that is for you. For example, University of Ottawa requires undergraduate international students to use Ontario Universities’ Application Center. Other universities will have different application methods, so make sure to check how to apply.
4. Prepare the required documents, fill out the application form, and apply!
These are the four steps to apply. Although it sounds extremely simple, it takes weeks and even months to apply. Why that long? Because some international students are not eligible in areas such as the English proficiency exams and need time to increase their scores. So, make sure to give yourself plenty of time!
Cost of Studying in Canada
Now, you know all the Canadian universities with low tuition fees for international students. However, the tuition fees are not the only cost that goes into studying in Canada. You will have to pay for accommodation, food, and other fees. So, how do you reduce the cost of studying in Canada? You can receive scholarships!
Scholarships in Canada
This is a great list of all the cheap Canada universities in 2018 – 2019 and 2019 – 2020 school year. However, these cheap tuition fees can be even lowered by scholarships! You definitely should check out the list at Canada Scholarship Page if you want to have the possibility of studying in Canada for free.