Do you want to know the best medical schools in Alabama? If so, this guide is for you. Here, I will list the best medical schools in Alabama and links to their tuition and their application page. That way, it would be easier for you to compare and contrast medical schools in Alabama without having to search for them individually on Google. If you are a domestic student, you do not have any problem with applying if you meet all the admission criteria. However, if you are an international student, you would have to email these medical schools to see if they accept applications from international students. Some medical schools do not accept international students at all, and many medical schools in USA are even more competitive for international students. If you want to study medicine as an international student, another option is to get a Ph.D. in medical schools, which is way less competitive than getting an M.D.
Best Medical Schools in Alabama with Tuition Links and Application Page
University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine
- Tuition Link- https://www.uab.edu/medicine/home/future-students/admissions/tuition-financial-aid-scholarships
- Application Page- https://www.uab.edu/medicine/home/future-students/admissions
- Description- Since 1859, UAB School of Medicine has educated thousands of medical doctors, who now work in all parts of the world. Currently, there are over 700 students and 900 residents who are taught by 1,400 faculty members. Students and residents can train in UAB’s hospitals, which are one of the largest in the state.
University of South Alabama College of Medicine
- Application Page- http://www.southalabama.edu/colleges/com/futurestudents/
- Description- Just like many medical schools in the US, students who are enrolled in USA College of Medicine mainly study out of the textbooks for two years and start to have clinical experience in their third and fourth year. Students are also encouraged to take part in research programs that this school offers.
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Auburn Campus)
- Tuition Link- https://www.vcom.edu/auburn/current-students/tuition-and-financial-aid
- Application Page- https://www.vcom.edu/admissions/admission-requirements
- Description- This medical school is located on the campus of Auburn University, one of the leading universities in Alabama. Accepted students can use great facilities in Auburn such as recreational facilities. Also, students can research with VCOM faculty or Auburn University faculty, which greatly improves their resume for residency.
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Tuition Link- https://www.acom.edu/tuition-and-fees/
- Application Page- https://www.acom.edu/application-process/
- Description- This medical school is located in Dothan, Alabama, and has recently opened its doors in 2013. Its primary goal is to produce physicians that are needed for the State of Alabama, especially in the primary care sector.
I hope that you’ve find this list to be helpful. If you want to take a look at medical schools in other countries and in other states, visit Medical Schools Category.