This article will discuss the acceptance rate at CSU Fullerton, but let’s look at the brief introduction first!

California State University at Fullerton (CSUF) is a public research university. It belongs to the group of California State Universities (CSU) and is the largest amongst them with an enrollment of over 40,000 students. It also has a sizable faculty of over 2,000 professors. In 1957, it became the 12th state college in California to be awarded the status of a university. It grew rapidly in the 2000s, expanding the variety of degrees it offered as well as establishing a performing arts center.

The campus is located in northeast Fullerton. It is known for its futuristic architecture. There are a number of buildings across campus, serving residential, recreational, and educational purposes. Moreover, the campus aims to be a sustainable presence. Hence, solar panels are used to provide 8% of the university’s electricity supply. The university also participates in a desert research center in the Mojave Desert, which is operated in affiliation with 7 other CSU campuses.

The university has 8 academic faculties, comprising arts, business, communications, education, computer science, human development, social sciences, and the natural sciences. These faculties collectively get over 65,000 applications for admission yearly. A large number of applications are transfer admissions, making it the second-highest transfer rate in CSU. The student body itself has a strength of approximately 40,000. It is particularly diverse, as 22% of students are Caucasian, 22% are Asians, 42% are Hispanic, 2% are Black and the remaining students are multiracial or Native American. If you would like to attend, important statistics that you should know is that the acceptance rate at CSU Fullerton, which will is not too high!

CSUF has 21 sports teams for both men and women. These include a variety of sports such as archery, cycling, lacrosse, Bollywood dance, rugby, salsa, frisbee, and volleyball. The institute has won 13 championships in 8 different categories of sports. The baseball team is particularly celebrated, with 4 national titles and a large number of players participating in Major League Baseball. The dance team has also won numerous titles from United Spirit Association. The university was also the first in the CSU system to have fraternities and sororities. It also has a student-operated radio station and a student newspaper, known as The Daily Titan.

Acceptance Rate at CSU Fullerton

California State University Fullerton falls under the top 2% of universities in the world. Currently, the university has a ranking of 317 according to Forbes, 501-600 according to Times Magazine, 221 according to US News, and 92 according to Washington Monthly. It is the top school in California providing undergraduate degrees to the Hispanic population. US News ranked it as 7th in the top regional universities on the west coast. With regards to particular programs, US News has ranked CSUF’s nursing program in anesthesia the 2nd best in the country, and the nursing program in midwifery at 20th. The degree programs in social work, speech-language pathology, and fine arts are also ranked highly.

CSUF has a moderately selective admissions rate. Currently, the acceptance rate at CSU Fullerton is 46%. The average incoming high school GPA of undergraduate students is 3.58 out of 4, while the average SAT score is 1020 out of 1400. This makes the university’s criteria for admission fairly competitive.

We hope that this article on California State University Fullerton acceptance rate was helpful. To know more information on how you can study in the United States, visit the US Scholarships Page. 

About the Author: Hyun Lee

Hyun is the founder at Global Scholarships. He has received a full-tuition scholarship at Birmingham-Southern College as well as $1,000 Burger King Scholarship for his undergraduate degree and has been offered a fully funded scholarship consisting of tuition, living stipend, and health insurance for computer science Ph.D. program at North Carolina State University. Read more about his scholarship journey here.

Share this article via

Leave A Comment