Surrounded by the beautiful mountains, the University of Utah in Salt Lake City is a perfect destination for the students who have a great love for nature. The University of Utah was founded in 1850 in the calm and serene environment of Salt Lake City, Utah. Since its establishment, the university has been providing great academic and research opportunities to its students. The university was started as a men-only institute and had only one business school back in 1867. It has developed over time. As of now, the university has more than 17 colleges and departments. These colleges offer more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in the fields of accounting, business, basic sciences, engineering, healthcare, architecture, fine arts, etc. In this article, we will be looking at the various scholarships available at Utah.
In addition to providing great academic opportunities to the students, the University of Utah also provides a great platform to the students so that they can explore their hidden talents and abilities. With more than 600 students’ clubs and organizations, every student can find a society to involve and get great experience and skills. More than 20 sports clubs at the University of Utah are proof of the sports life of the students at the campus. These include boxing, skiing cycling hockey, and other sports.
Out of the total 30,000 students at the University of Utah, more than 2,000 students are from countries other than the US. The University of Utah is home to students from different cultures and ethnicities. Different University of Utah scholarships are available for international students willing to continue their studies at the University of Utah.
University of Utah Scholarships (Undergraduate)
1. International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) Scholarship
In addition to providing admission help and on campus help to the students, ISSS now also offers scholarships in University of Utah to the international students. The scholarship offered by ISSS is merit based and the students are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or more. The students must have completed at least two semesters at the University of Utah to apply for this award. The scholarship amount is $4000 per year. It is provided as a $2000 fee waiver for 2 semesters, fall and spring each.
2. Engineering Scholarships
The College of Engineering at the University of Utah offers a number of scholarships to the international students who get enrolled in one of the engineering programs. Four types of scholarship programs are available for engineering students.
- Academic Achievement Scholarship for Freshman: This is a merit-based scholarship provided to the freshman undergraduate students based on their academic record and performance at university.
- Need-based Scholarship for Freshman: This scholarship is for freshman undergraduate students who need financial need to pay their tuition fee. They have to prove their financial need by providing a financial document. Not all the students who apply are sure to get the scholarship. The students are also considered for two other scholarships in this program.
- Transfer Students Scholarship: These scholarships are provided to the international students who are studying at another university and wish to continue their further education at the University of Utah. These scholarships are merit-based and are provided to only a limited number of students.
- Current Students Scholarship: Students currently enrolled in the College of Engineering can benefit from this program. Need-based scholarships are provided to the students in this initiative.
Students who recently got admission to the university or currently enrolled students can apply for these scholarships via an online application form present at the University of Utah official website. Selected students will be informed by the university once the process completes.
3. David Eccles School of Business Scholarships
David Eccles School of Business offers a number of scholarships in University of Utah to the students irrespective of their immigration students. A number of scholarships and financial aid programs are available for international students who select some business subject as a major. These include both merit-based and need-based scholarships. The international students may have difficulty in qualifying for need-based scholarships, but for academic achievement scholarships, competition is open for both US residents and international students.
Students can apply for these scholarships by submitting an online application form.
4. Alumni Scholarships
The Alumni Association of the University of Utah offers a number of scholarships to the international students. The amount of these scholarships varies from $3000 to $8000 depending on the scholarship you get. You can find further information and eligibility criteria on the website of the Alumni Association.
University of Utah Scholarships (Graduate)
1. Alumni Scholarships
The Alumni Association also offers University in Utah scholarships to the graduate students at University of Utah. These are
- Young Alumni Graduate: $4000 scholarship is provided to the graduate students of the university.
- Alumni Graduate: $5000 scholarship is provided to five graduate students each year who also did undergraduate degree from University of Utah.
- Legacy: $5000 scholarship is provided to fifteen graduate students whose parents or grandparents are alumni of the University of Utah.
2. Graduate Research Fellowship
This scholarship in University of Utah is for the graduate students who are doing some research projects while pursuing their graduate degree. The scholarship provides an award of $18,250 to the qualified graduate students. Only 12 to 15 students are selected for this fellowship program each year. Departments have different deadlines for application submission. Students must contact their department for further information
3. University Teaching Assistantship
University Teaching Assistants (UTA) not only get a chance to gain experience of teaching the undergraduate students and improving their knowledge, but they also get a considerable amount as an annual stipend in UTA program of the university. Only second-year full time graduate students are eligible for the assistantship program. The university selects only 12 to 15 graduate students each year for the assistantship program. The selected students get an award of $18,250 along but tuition benefits. The students have to get a letter of recommendation and submit the proposal for the assistantship program at their departments. The deadlines vary for each department.
I hope that this article on the University of Utah scholarships was helpful! If you are interested, visit the USA Category!