In this article, we will be looking at Government College University Lahore Scholarships. GCU is doubtlessly the most sought after university in Punjab, specifically in Lahore. It has a long history as it was established in 1864 as a college. It was raised to the status of university in 2002. It has a breathtakingly picturesque campus building and it is located in the area that is now known as ‘old Lahore’. GCU gives admission the students who manifest extraordinary academic record. Its faculty is one of the best faculties of any university in Pakistan. It facilitates its students with a huge library for an impressive research.
Government College University Lahore Scholarships
Although its fees are not unaffordable yet GCU provides its students with various scholarship programs so that no student is left uneducated solely because of any financial constraints. Below is the list of scholarship programs that GCU currently offers:
1. Need Based Scholarship
- GCU Financial Assistance/Financail Aid
- HEC Needs Based Scholarship
2. Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarships
The head office of PEEF is on Link Wahdat Road, Lahore. It is a project of Punjab Government with the aim of facilitating financially underprivileged students to attain education. It offers three categories of scholarships:
- Scholarships at Intermediate and Undergraduate level
- Special Quota Category
- Master level
3. HEC’s Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the Students of Baluchistan and Fata
This scholarship program is awarded to the undergraduate (4 years) and postgraduate (2 years) students from Fata and Baluchistan.
4. Killa Gift Scholarship
This is a unique kind of scholarship that is awarded to the students whose parents own land in the District of Faislabad.
5. Internal Merit District Scholarship
This merit based scholarship is awarded by the respective district of the student.
6. Pakistan Bait ul Mal Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to the needy students to help them pursue their education.
7. Pakistan Engineering Congress Scholarship
Two scholarships are awarded under this program every year to the students enrolled in of BSc Electrical Engineering program in GCU.
- The undergraduate students should maintain 2 CGPA
- The postgraduate students should maintain 2.5 CGPA
- The interested students should provide an authentic proof of their financial situation. Only the truly deserving candidates (assessed by the Financial Aid Committee) will get the scholarship.
- The eligibility criteria mentioned on the university website should be thoroughly read by the students.
How to Apply
The application forms can be received from the Financial Aid Office along with the details of the procedure of application.
For further information regarding the scholarships, please visit the link http://www.gcu.edu.pk/Fin_aids.htm.
I hope that this article on Government College University Lahore Scholarships was helpful. If you are interested, visit the Pakistan Scholarships.