The public university of Royal Roads in Colwood, British Columbia was established in 1995. Degrees at Royal Roads are based in the fields of business, environment, tourism, communications and social justice. The campus is located at Hatley Park National Historic Site, where students can dive head-first into university life. The university offers three Pathway, six undergraduate and three graduate programmes. Degree preparation programmes are also available at the International Study Centre on campus for those who do not yet meet the requirements for their degree of choice. These preparation programmes include the Intensive English Programme (IEP), International Year (IY) and Transfer Preparation Programme (TPP). It is also possible for students who have already completed two years at another institution to apply for Direct Entry into the third year of an undergraduate degree.
Admission requirements students must meet to gain admission into Royal Roads University are different for each programme. Make sure you know what degree or programme you would like to follow at the university and pay good attention that you pick the correct degree from the requirements page and the correct section that applies to you and your previous schooling experiences. For example, the requirements for the bachelor of Science in Environmental Management are different for high school graduates and students who have been enrolled in a university or college before. International students can see if their previous credentials fit into the requirements that the university has set for international students.
Application Procedure to Royal Roads University
- Make sure you find the right programme that fits you and your academical skills and interests. An enrolment advisor at the university can help you explore the degrees that Royal Roads have on offer.
- Royal Roads University uses an online application form for both Canadian and international students. Fill in the online form and submit it to the university.
- The application must be supported by additional documents, including school transcripts and bank statements which will serve as proof of funds.
- Direct Entry applicants must include their IELTS or TOEFL results.
- Pathway programme applicants or applicants that do not have IELTS or TOEFL results can apply to take a free Password English Test.
- The university will review all admissions and Pathway applicants can expect their result within two days. Direct Entry applicants have to wait a little longer and will be contacted with their result within three weeks.
- After you have gained admission, the university asks for a deposit to confirm your place in the university’s ranks. The receipt should be sent to the university.
- After the university has received your proof of payment, you will be sent an official acceptance letter and you will receive more information about accommodation if you are eligible for this.
- For those that need a Canadian Study Permit, you are encouraged to apply for this as soon as possible. Some students will need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
I hope that this article on Royal Roads University application procedure was helpful. If you are interested, visit the Canada Scholarships Page!