6 Best Masters Scholarships in Australia For International Students
Scholarships are a great way to go about studying efficiently especially when you are a non-citizen of the country. The same can be said for Australia. And luckily for most international students, Australia is home to some of the world’s best scholarship programs.
If you are reading this article, then you want to know just what kinds of scholarships are the best for you as a Master’s student who is not from Australia.
Top Master’s Scholarships in Australia
There are several numbers of scholarships that are meant to support the Master’s studying of international students in Australia. To compile a list of the best, we have looked into the availability, financial coverage, and other factors that affect study efficiency of students of each scholarship. Let’s dive into a few of them.
1. Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- Scholarship Link: Available during application dates
- Scholarship Amount: AUD 228,500
- Eligibility: Selection into the program is highly competitive and solely depends on the student’s academic merits. A minimum of a Bachelor’s qualification that is of a high standard should be held by the student.
Endeavour is yet another one of the many best scholarships that help Master’s students study efficiently. Today, the scholarship program is regarded so due to its important role in the education system of Australia.
Just like every scholarship program in the country, the Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards has some requirements before any Master’s student can take the program. Although it also offers this scholarship program to PhD students, it still retains a reputation of being one of the best for Master’s students.
International students are entitled to go for the scholarship awards and have a time limit of up to 4 years of study. Endeavour also provides students with an option to engage in an internship in Australia for a minimum period of 2 months and a maximum period of 12 months.
2. Medibank Scholarships
- Scholarship Link: Varies for different universities
- Scholarship Amount: AUD 5,000
- Eligibility: Students need to be ready to go for a Master’s, Associate, or Bachelor’s course level. Qualification for the program requires students to join the Medibank Comprehensive OSHC arranged by the university they are applying from. Students also have to achieve a 70% average in their highest level of education award.
Medibank Scholarships is a program established to provide support to international students. This offers them a very unique opportunity to study and obtain a Master’s degree more efficiently. The Master’s scholarship in Australia is not specific to one university, but many. And after special screenings of candidates, up to 9 opportunities are available.
The scholarship award can be difficult to get. However, by meeting the several requirements of the program, you stand a chance to obtain the award for yourself. Course levels offered by the award include Associate, Master’s, and Bachelor’s degrees. It is offered to international students who wish to further their education in Australia.
3. UoN Research Higher Degree Scholarships
- Scholarship Link
- Scholarship Amount: Provides $28,092 living allowance per annum, full tuition fees, and sometimes health costs
- Eligibility: To be eligible, students will need to meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. They also need to meet the admission eligibility criteria. Once these have been met, they should continue by applying.
The UoN Research Higher Degree Scholarships was created to provide full support to the education of international students. Masters students are sure to get the best out of this scholarship program as its course levels include both Master’s and PhD.
The postgraduate research program allows students to go for any of their available courses while they provide them with special benefits such as relocation allowance, health covers, and living allowance.
4. RSPCA Australia Alan White Scholarship
- Scholarship Link
- Scholarship Amount: AUD 9,000
- Eligibility: To qualify, students are required to show that their proposed course of research goes in line with RSPCA ethos and current policies. To apply, they will need to download a scholarship application form from the RSPCA scholarship page. After which they could email the filled form to RSPCA’s office.
Unlike many of the other scholarships, this one is tenable only for 1 year. The award is highly valued and has some requirements for students to meet before being able to obtain it. Asides the Master’s degree level, students at Bachelor’s or PhD are also entitled to take the scholarship program. This scholarship is usually granted yearly. Although there are no limits to which fields students choose to study, students who show interest and involvement in the issues of animal welfare will experience more attention and will be strongly favoured.
5. Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Scholarship Link
- Scholarship Amount: $27,596 per annum (5 students)
- Eligibility: For students to be eligible to study in the program, they are required to be from overseas countries except for New Zealand. They also need to satisfy the University’s entry requirements for a Master’s degree by research or Doctorate by research. Students who are residents of countries that have English as a foreign language will have to provide proof of their English language competence.
This postgraduate research program offers international Master’s students a chance to stay in Australia to study more efficiently. The offer, however, is only available to students who wish to study research doctoral or research Master’s at Flinders University.
The Master’s scholarship in Australia for international students is said to open and close at the same time every year.
6. IWC Masters International Scholarships
- Scholarship Link
- Eligibility: Selection into the program solely depends on the number of years students have spent in the relevant field. To be eligible, the program requires a student to have at least 2 years of professional experience relevant to the program. Also, they need to have obtained a Bachelor’s degree from an internationally-recognised institution.
The International Water Centre, also known as IWC, offers a scholarship award to international students undertaking Master’s program in Integrated Water Management (MIWM) at the University of Queensland. The program favours those who demonstrate their true potential in becoming future water leaders.
Getting to pick the right Master’s scholarship for yourself can sometimes turn out to be a challenge. For you to scale through some of the hurdles involved, you might have to look into some of the recommended scholarship options.
The above scholarship programs are some of the best scholarships to help you with your Master’s level study. Go through each one and figure out what suits your learning style the best, and then make an attempt to obtain one.
I hope that this article on the best Master’s scholarships for international students was helpful. If you are interested, visit the Australia Scholarships Page!