Shanghai Government Scholarships are being offered to international students. These fully funded scholarships are given to prospective bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD students. The Chinese government is generously funding these scholarship programs to increase the number of international students studying at their universities. One of the primary reasons that they are giving out generous scholarships is to increase the diversity of universities in China. So, there are many students that are given this opportunity, and you should definitely consider applying!
So, what does the Shanghai Government scholarship cover? It covers basically everything. We will go into details in the next section, but Shanghai Government Scholarships is one of the most generous scholarships that are in existence.
If you are interested, here are some helpful posts to help you receive scholarships.
- Best Government Scholarships for International Students
- Best Scholarships in China for International Students
- How to Study in China for Free
Shanghai Government Scholarship Award Amount
There are type A and type B scholarships. Here are the award details:
- Type A (Full scholarship): covers tuition, expenses for accommodation and living, and medical insurance
- Type B (Partial scholarship): covers tuition and medical insurance
Obviously, you should strive to get the type A scholarship since it covers expenses for accommodation and living too!
The Degree Program
So what are the eligible degrees? This program covers all degrees, which are bachelors, Masters, and PhD program.
Application Procedure and Deadline
The application period is from February to March 30th. Students need to visit the Application Page to know the various requirements and fill out the application form on the official scholarship website. There are various forms and documents that you need to upload. So, I would start the application very early!
Eligible Universities for Shanghai Government Scholarships
You can study at these excellent universities in Shanghai if you do get this scholarship:
- Fudan University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- School of Medicine Tongji University
- East China Normal University
- East China University of Science and Technology
- Shanghai International Studies University
- Donghua University
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
- Shanghai University
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
- Shanghai Maritime University
- Shanghai Conservatory of Music
- Shanghai Theatre Academy
- Shanghai University of Sport
- East China University of Political Science and Law
- Shanghai Ocean University
- Shanghai University of Electric Power
- Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Shanghai Normal University
- Shanghai University of International Business and Economics
- Shanghai university of Engineering Science
- Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance
- Shanghai Polytechnic University
- Shanghai Dianji University
- Shanghai Institute of Technology
- Shanghai Business School
- Shanghai University of Political Science and Law
- Sanda University
- Shanghai Jian Qiao University
- Shanghai University of Medicine & Health Sciences
- NYU Shanghai
- China Europe International Business School
- Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences
There are total of 30 universities which are eligible for Shanghai Government Scholarships!