Founded in 1967, the Evergreen State College is one of the institutions offering interdisciplinary rather than class-based programs. In such a system, students can study more than one discipline simultaneously. Also, its curriculum is unique in that there is no strict study plan, and every student can choose a study path that suits them best. This Olympia-based Liberal Arts college was among the “experimental” institutions started in the 1960s and 1970s and is one of the few survivors. Are you interested in joining the Evergreen State College? Read on to find out more information regarding its academic and social life together with its acceptance rate at Evergreen State College.

The Evergreen State College currently hosts more than 3,300 students with 3,000 of them enrolled in undergraduate programs. More than 60%of the population hails from Washington while the other 40% is admitted from other states and countries. The school does not offer distance learning programs at the moment. For every one faculty member, 21 students are waiting to be taught. 71% of these faculty members work on a full-time basis, which is quite moderate. However, it significantly hinders the learning process since whenever the part-time teachers are not available, the ratio becomes bigger. As such, the school’s on-time graduation rate is below average, with only 43% of the students graduating within the expected time.

Apart from its main campus, the Evergreen State College has a satellite campus in Tacoma. The best-ranked program as compared to other institutions offering the same is Biological and Physical Science. The university offers only two programs within two fields of study. Liberal Arts General Sciences is the most popular of the two, and it produced more than 80% of the graduates in the last ceremony. In terms of value ranking, the Evergreen State College comes 942nd out of 1,510 colleges nationwide. The two programs offered by the institution are ranked among the top 1% in the country according to College Factual. Check out the admission requirements in the next section to see what you will need to be part of this community.

Acceptance Rate at Evergreen State College

Based on recent statistics, 97% of students who apply to join Evergreen State College are admitted to their preferred programs. This acceptance rate is one of the highest in the country, meaning there is a minimal competition during the evaluation process. All you need to be one of the successful applicants are to meet the admission requirements and follow the instructions posted on the school’s website.

One of the requirements is a GPA of at least 3.03 points. As such, you will qualify even if you have an average grade of B with a mix of As. You will also be required to submit your SAT or ACT scores. If you choose to hand in the SAT results, be sure to have about 1180 points. On the other hand, successful applicants who submit their ACT results always average between 20-26 points. You might also want to have a recommendation letter either from your counsellor or one of the high school teachers. There is a $50 nonrefundable fee paid to facilitate the application process.


I hope that this article on the Evergreen State College acceptance rate was helpful. To find out more information on studying abroad, check out the Available Programs for International Students.