Booth University College (BUC), formerly known as the Salvation Army William and Catherine Booth University College, is a private liberal arts university located in Winnipeg, Canada. The university college is affiliated with the Salvation Army, a Protestant Christian Church and charitable organization operating in more than 125 countries. BUC houses four different schools, the School of Business, the School of Social Sciences, the School of Humanities, and the School of Continuing Studies.
Canadian students that wish to apply for Booth University College must meet the requirements that have been set by the university college. Aspiring students from the province of Manitoba must have graduated from high school with five full credits at Grade 12 level with an overall average of at least 65%. English is mandatory to be included in these five courses. All five courses must also have been completed at the Specialized or Dual Credit-University level. Canadian students that are not from Manitoba must have high school credits that are equivalent to these Manitoba requirements.
After meeting these requirements students can follow these six steps to apply to Booth University College.
- Make your pick out of the degrees and programmes BUC offers. You can check out the Booth University College website or download their 2020 Viewbook to have an overview of the university college’s campus and programmes it offers.
- Make sure you meet the requirements to be eligible for a programme at BUC by checking out the admissions webpage. You can always contact the university college if you are uncertain about whether or not your credentials fit into these requirements.
- See if you are eligible for a scholarship or any financial aid BUC offers their students. This information is available on their website. Make sure to check out the tuition and fees information to avoid unwelcome surprises after you have already applied. It is important to note that aspiring students are encouraged to apply by March 31st, which is the priority deadline for the scholarships. Applying for a scholarship is still possible after this deadline, but you will not be guaranteed one, as this will happen on a first come, first served base.
- You can fill out an online application on the website of BUC. It is important to make sure you apply before the due date of the degree you have selected. For example, applications for the bachelor of Social Work must be turned it no later than April 30th. You have to create a student account to be able to apply for a programme. It is recommended you apply for housing on campus at the same time to make sure you secure your spot in one of the housing facilities.
- Arrange for all of your official transcripts, such as high school and previous university or college records, to be sent to BUC’s admissions office.
- When you are offered a place at Booth University College, you will receive a letter of acceptance. The university college requires a CND$ 100 tuition deposit. To accept your admission and pay your deposit, contact Booth University College’s registrar’s office. You can visit the Accepted Students page on the website, where you will find helpful information for new students and mandatory events that students are expected to attend.
I hope that this article was helpful! Make sure to also check out the Available Programs in Canada!