New Mexico State University or NMSU or NM State is the oldest state-run university in New Mexico. It has been around since 1888 and is one of the state’s two flagship state-run universities.  The university is sprawled across its 900-acre campus where it houses 8 colleges for prospective students to choose from. In this article, we will be looking at the acceptance rate at New Mexico State University.

There is the College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences or ACES where students can choose from among 22 bachelor programs. Students will gain highly marketable skills in such industries as agriculture, food production, hotel and restaurant management, tourism, clothing and fashion, animal sciences, and a whole lot more.

There is the Arts and Sciences College which is actually the largest college in NMSU. They offer courses in Fine Arts which include Creative Media that deals with modern media.

Students can also sharpen their business sense in the College of Business through any of the offered majors like accounting, marketing, management, international business, and information systems. There is even a PGA Golf Management program that the Professional Golfers Association of America (PGA) fully endorses and accredits.

If teaching is in your blood, the College of Education is where you should be. You can learn many specialties from early childhood to special education. There are also many other graduate programs to prepare students for a career in academics and even clinical therapy through highly specialized courses.

The Engineering college of NMSU offers Chemical and Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical, and Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering as well as Engineering Technology and Surveying Engineering. These majors are offered in Bachelors, Master, and Doctorate levels. You can join this excellent university since the acceptance rate at New Mexico State University is not very competitive.

The college of Health and Social Services is great for students who want a career in social work, nursing, and public health- all very noble professions needed in society.

The NMSU also has an Honors College for the select scholars who are given the opportunity to do interdisciplinary research in a very vibrant and diverse community of scholars under the guidance of apt faculty.

All of the colleges mentioned above have graduate programs that are accessed through the Graduate School. There are currently more than 50 graduate-level programs available for local, state, and international students.

Each enrollment sees more than 15,000 students composed of highly diverse ethnicity with Hispanics making up about 45% and whites 20% with other minority races making up the rest of the 35%. Enrollment, when divided by gender, shows more than half being female with 55% and 45% being male. 80% of all students are undergraduates with graduate students comprising the rest of the 20%. The student-to-teacher ratio is at 16 is to 1.

There are many on the campus as well as many affiliate housing options available for prospective students to choose from. You can choose the best that fits your housing needs.

Student life as an Aggie from NM State is filled with exciting activities in sports through the many intercollegiate athletic meets. There are also more than 30 clubs and organizations that allow students to fill their social lives with activities while meeting like-minded peers.

Acceptance Rate at the New Mexico State University

The acceptance rate is about 64% for all applicants and candidates should have an ACT score of 21, SAT average at 1030, and a GPA of 3.5.

 

I hope that this article on the New Mexico State University acceptance rate was helpful! To know more information on studying abroad, check out the Available Programs for International Students.