Florida State University was established in 1851 in Tallahassee, Florida and it is commonly referred to as FSU.  FSU holds the honor of being located on the oldest site for higher education in the US. According to the US News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2019, Florida State University sits in a high position along with the top 30 public institutions in the country and among the top 100 nationally. According to the Shanghai University ranking of 2019, FSU is ranked between the 65th and 85th position among universities in the world. In this article, we will be covering the acceptance rate at Florida State University.

FSU offers over 300 courses grouped into 16 different colleges and over 100 institutes of learning. FSU aims to be a leading research institute, and therefore, it offers advanced master’s degree programs and specialist degree programs. Based on the admitted number of students, the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Social Sciences, Education, and Human Science are the most popular faculties at Florida State University. The College of Arts & Sciences, College of Human Sciences, College of Education, and the College of Music were established in 1901 and became the first colleges to be launched at FSU.  Also, Jim Moran School of Entrepreneurship and School of Physician Assistant Practice were established in 2017 and are the latest faculties in the school.

Total undergraduate enrollment for FSU is 32,812 and graduate students’ enrollment is 9,100. 45% of students are male, and 55% are female. Approximately 73%of the students are from the United States, while the remaining 27% percent of their student body are international students. The school has a total of 16 dormitories on campus for its students, and there are also privately owned halls of residence around the school. It is believed that there are close to 700 student associations and clubs at FSU, and in terms of Greek life, over 6,000 students belong to different fraternities and sororities.

Acceptance Rate at Florida State University

The acceptance rate at FSU is competitive. Approximately 35,000 freshmen applied to FSU last year, and a total of 17,00 students were offered admission representing an estimated 49% acceptance rate at Florida State University.

 

I hope that this information on Florida State University acceptance rate was helpful. Feel free to check out the Available Programs for International Students to learn more about studying abroad.